The Best Charcoal Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe – easy chicken marinades come together in minutes for the best rotisserie chicken or rotisserie chicken you’ve ever enjoyed!
For years, we’ve been using this simple method of marinating grilled chicken that you can whip up quickly when you want to charcoal grill chicken. We use ingredients that everyone has on hand. Otherwise, we recommend getting them the next time you go to the supermarket, along with your favorite pieces of chicken. It’s the perfect marinade for the BEST grilled chicken you’ve ever had!
This charcoal grill chicken marinade recipe is made with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, perrins sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. You have a variety of spices in this marinade.
Extra virgin olive oil keeps chicken moist and juicy. Fresh lime juice and balsamic vinegar break down the fibers in the chicken to keep it tender. Soy sauce and perrins sauce give the dish a rich flavor. The brown sugar adds a rich sweetness and gives the chicken a nice crust when grilled. All the ingredients come together in harmony to create the perfect chicken marinade!
It is important to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes. Then pierce the chicken breast with a fork to make sure the marinade can penetrate the chicken and make it juicy. Recommendation: Let it sit for 4 -5 hours.
To grill chicken, let it heat up before adding it. Avoid sticking, you can spread a little oil on the grill. Finish by cooking it for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the breasts. The chicken needs to reach a temperature of 165 degrees to ensure it is fully cooked.
Note: You can use any type of chicken you prefer: chicken breasts, thinly sliced chicken breasts, chicken fillets, or chicken thighs. Before you begin, know that thinly sliced chicken breasts and fillets will cook much faster than thicker breasts, so keep this in mind.
- 2 pounds. Tender chicken breasts or thighs
- ⅓ – ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil according to preference
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon perrins sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Fresh parsley, chives or other garnish of your choice
- First, in a bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Perrins sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Then pierce the chicken breasts with a fork all over. Place it in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes to 5 hours is ideal.
- Prepare the grill, then brush the grill with oil to prevent sticking. Then you place the chicken on the grill. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 Fº degrees (74º C).
- Remove the chicken from the blister and let it rest for 5 minutes.